I found this recipe in a facebook group #Eatlo India. The recipe credit goes to my beautiful facebook friend Nimrata Kaur. She made it as her breakfast dish. I was fascinated by the simple though luscious, healthy recipe. The key ingredients are Egg whites and Greek Yogurt or hung curd as we call it in India. I made it as side of Prawn Satay with minor additions. It can be eaten as wholesome breakfast paired with a cool drink like ice apple smoothie or choose options like Papaya pomegranate smash, melon cooler, watermelon gazpacho, mango melon slush or simple butter milk. Super nutritious, yummy and very filling as explained by my friend in her post.
- Hard boiled Egg whites- 4 eggs
- Diced cucumber- 1/4th cup
- Baby tomatoes diced- 1 tblspn
- Greek yogurt or hung curd- ½ cup
- Chopped coriander- 1 tblspn
- Basil leaves- 1 twig(optional)
- Freshly grounded white pepper- ½ tspn
- Finely chopped garlic – 1tspn
- Salt ½ tspn(to taste)
- Caster/powdered Sugar- ½ tspn (to balance the sour curd)
- Extra virgin olive oil- 1 tblspn
- Burnt garlic – 1 tspn
Dice the egg whites in bite size. Whip the curd like smooth cream. Heat a pan add drop of oil. Roast the garlic till these are brown and crispy.
Put everything in a bowl except burnt garlic. Mix well . Transfer in the serving bowl. Top it with burnt garlic and spoon the olive oil. Serve chilled.
Note: Variations could be made by adding fresh cream and cheese to the yogurt. Vegetarians could substitute egg with diced paneer/cottage cheese.
Reach me: firstname.lastname@example.org