This is kind of technique in culinary world which means Blanching the tomatoes for peeling the skin for retention of its vibrant red colour and texture. I also use this technique to get away with the raw taste of tomatoes when I want to use the tomato puree raw and in uncooked form. The same technique could be used for peeling peaches too.
For 1 cup yield
- Take 3-4 Red plum tomatoes which contains less seeds(Roma or Shimla in India)
- Bowl full of Ice cubes and with ½ cup Chilled Water
- For cups water
- Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato.
- Take 4 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Add tomatoes and cook till the skin begins to peel off, approx 50 sec.
- Take out the tomatoes and immediately put into the ice cube bowl for ice bath. Keep swirling the tomato so that it cools down quickly.
- When cool peel off the skin. Cut into four and discard the seeds.
- Chop and pulse it in a electric mixer till smooth puree.
- Cancussa is ready to use.
It can be stored in refrigerator for future use not more than 2 days.
However, if Frozen in deep fridge, it could be used within 15 days.