It’s a summer cool dish for lunch. Inspired from Jamie oliver’s version of smoked chicken salad. Used basic dressing ingredient (curd) and flavor (toasted cumin powder) intact , I have added bell peppers, tomatoes, rock salt and sugar to match up my family’s taste bud. For vegetarians, the chicken could be replaced by paneer/cottage cheese or tofu. Ultimate output was a bliss.
- Smoked chicken breast (for single serving)
- Pepper corns – 10-12
- Bay leaf 1
- Pinch of salt
- Water 1 and ½ cup
- Handful of Lettuce leaves of your choice
- Fresh Basil leaves 8-10 leaves
- Diced cucumber 1 cup
- Cherry tomatoes cut into half 2
- Mixed colour Bell peppers ½ cup
- Toasted Almond 10-12
- Olives 6-7 pitted & sliced
- Toasted & grounded cumin seeds 1 tspn
- Mixture of whipped cream and curd 2 tblspn (1:2)Or combined paste of curd & meyo 2:1
- Rock salt ½ tspn
- Powdered Sugar ½ tspn
- Lemon Zest & juice 1 tblspn
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
In a pan pour water, pepper corn, bay leaf and pinch of salt. Place the chicken and poach/cook this piece in slow fire till the water reduces to 1 tblspn. Flip the chicken occasionally. Cool it in the same water.
Shred the poached chicken lengthwise. Now ground the peppercorns left in the pan. Keep aside.
Take a salad bowl. Pour the curd mix, cumin powder, salt and pepper, basil and cucumber. Mix well.
Now add shredded chicken, bell pepper, tomato, olives and mix well so that the dressing is coated to the ingredients.
Tear off the lettuce and put in the bowl. Drizzle with olive oil(optional). Mix well lightly with a tong.
Refrigerate for 10mins before serving.
Summer cool salad is ready to serve.