- Potatoes big 2
- Nigella seeds/Black caraway(kalo jeera/Kalonji)- 1 /2 tspn
- Chopped Coiander leaves 1 tbspn
- Green Chilis chopped 1 big
- Turmeric powder ½ tspn (in winters use grated fresh turmeric 1 tbspoon)
- Any edible Oil preferably mustard oil which combines great with kalonji.
- Water 2tbspn (or as required)
- Salt to taste
Peel the potatoes and cut in small dice. Wash & strain the excess water.
In a pan, heat oil add kalonji, when crackles reduce the flame & add chopped green chilis, turmeric, salt & immediately add diced potatoes. Stir it nicely, sprinkle water & cook covered till potatoes are soft but firm. Do not overcook then it will be mashed. Now cook stirring uncovered till the water evaporates and oil seen on the body of the potatoes. Increase the flame and fry it nicely. Switch off the flame and fold it in chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with roti, paratha, luchi or rolled in pita with sauces.