This is a very healthy dish best for breakfast along with a hot or cold beverage. It can be a wholesome meal if taken with a wheat loaf or a croissant.
- Button mushrooms washed & sliced – 200 gm
- Capsicum diced (bite sized) – 1
- Thinly Sliced Carrots – ½ cup
- Yellow squash diced – ½ cup
- Green Beans (cut in 2” long pieces) – ½ cup
- Cherry tomato cut in half – 4-5
- Fat Garlic pods (sliced or grated) – 6
- Ground Black pepper – 1 tspn
- Italian seasoning or dry oregano- ½ tspn
- Fresh Basil or any herb of your choice
- Olive oil – 1½ tblspn
- Butter – 1 tspn
- Salt to taste
Wash all the vegetables in running water before being cut. Pat them dry whole so that no extra moisture is present and then cut/slice it directed above.
In a pan pour ½ tspn oil (low heat) and immediately add the butter. Add half the garlic and stir for ½ minute. Put the sliced mushrooms, salt and half the black pepper powder. Stir fry. The mushroom will cook in its own moisture. Cook till the moisture evaporates and mushroom changes colour. Keep aside.
In the same pan pour the rest of the oil. Add garlic & immediately add beans. Since beans take more time to cook than other veggies, cook it for 2-3 mins, and when wilted, add the rest of the veggies except tomatoes. Add salt and keep stirring on high heat for another 3-4 mins or till the veggies change colour but are not wilted. Add tomato, pepper & basil. Give a nice stir and turn off the burner.
Transfer the contents in a flat dish & arrange the mushrooms on top. You may garnish with fresh basil & sprinkle the dry oregano.
Note: Mushroom can be replaced with shredded chicken.